Thursday, September 25, 2008

A small business of my own


About this time last year, I threw off the chains of steady employment to start a freelance commercial writing business. It (and I) have evolved significantly since then. Most significantly, I've joined forces with several amazing people, and together we have founded a new company, Kazoo Branding. Today is our official launch. Check us out at www.kazoobranding.com.

Before I began this blog, I carefully considered the impact my experiment might have on my business. The Kazooks and I hope to work with all kinds of companies, including the big chains that I'm refusing to shop at for another eleven months. Who knows how it will all shake out, but my hope is that I'll gain some insight into why some small businesses thrive but others buckle under the weight of the big boxes, and into how the big chains can participate more fairly and actively in the communities they inhabit.

No comments: