Thursday, September 4, 2008

Guten Food

I'm blogging tonight from The Black Forest Inn, or, as I like to call it, the Douche Burger*. I'll be waiting tables there through the end of Oktoberfest, so if you want me to botch your order and spill beer on you, you'd better stop in soon. The free public Wi-Fi is one of the best-kept secrets in the Twin Cities. (Don't tell the college students. Those guys tip even worse than the elderly.)

A cold beer awaits, and it's well-deserved: this evening, I waited on both students and senior citizens. Best tipper of the night? Girlfriend of a middle-aged man with a handlebar mustache.


*I stole this phrase from the patrons, who mispronounce "Deutschburger Casserole"** with hilarious frequency.
**This item tastes like dog food. The Black Forest serves many fine German dishes, but this isn't one of them.

No comments: