Sunday, September 14, 2008

Northeast Coffee Crawl

Last December, Slate Magazine published an article claiming that Starbucks actually helps mom and pop coffeehouses succeed. By creating greater general demand for coffee, the Seattle-based giant has boosted everybody's business.

I don't totally buy this story. Still, there are plenty of places to get a decent cup in Minneapolis, and to celebrate that, I'm going to hit up a different place every day this week. I'll start at the Aster Cafe (125 Main Street SE) and work my way northeast. Here's the tentative agenda:

Monday: Aster Cafe
Tuesday: Taraccino Coffee (224 East Hennepin Ave.)
Wednesday: Wilde Roast Cafe (518 East Hennepin Ave.)
Thursday: Diamonds Coffee Shop (1618 Central Ave. NE)
Friday: ?????????

According to EnergyFiend.com, it would take 85.71 cups of coffee to kill me. I'll try to enjoy in moderation.

No comments: