Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Celebrity Sighting!

Just days ago, I was complaining that Minneapolis has no good celebrities; today I'm pleased to report that I spoke too soon: I saw Joel Coen and Frances McDormand last night at the Doucheburger! Unfortunately, I didn't get to wait on them. I did, however, keep their kitchen receipt to show my grandchildren. (Which star ordered the all-you-can-eat sausage buffet? I'll never tell.)

As titillating as the experience was for me and the rest of the yokels in the restaurant, I admit I'm a little hurt that Joel didn't take the opportunity to offer me a role in his next film. I guess some people don't recognize talent when it's gawking at them from behind a stack of menus.

2 comments:

Frodo said...

Next time Abby, next time. Some people (like Mr. Larry Bruckheimer)wouldn't know talent if it smacked them across the face.
I think you should advocate a shop local week, like the give up your car for a day event that lots of cities have. See if Mini can't lead the nation.

Sarah Hansen said...

Ha ha! Oh no, didn't you tell Jacie and I that Sausage Day was the WORST event in the whole Oktoberfest line up? Otherwise, I might have gone.